Our Mission: to Inspire the Community to Protect the Russian River Forever.
Russian Riverkeeper has been fighting since 1993 to ensure a thriving river system and your rights to fishable, swimmable and drinkable waters.
Unfortunately, clean water is under new attacks from a rapidly warming climate, big agriculture and our government. Now, more than ever, your river needs vigilant enforcement of environmental laws and the care and commitment of people like you.
With your help, Russian Riverkeeper will:
- Respond to catastrophes that are starting to feel like our new normal. Our community has come together to help each other respond to fires and flood.
- Defend our rivers, streams, wetlands, and other waterways across the nation from White House attempts to gut Clean Water Act protections.
- Save summer by ensuring that swimming, paddling, and splashing stay safe. Last year, Russian Riverkeeper successfully kept dangerous bacteria out of the river and reduced toxic green algae blooms.
- Mobilize 500+ volunteers to clean up over 300,000 pounds – as much as a blue whale – of trash. Trash strangles our river ecosystem and local economy, and turns our ocean into a garbage patch.
- Restore 360 acres of historical floodplain just west of Windsor, which is critical habitat for juvenile steelhead, and coho and Chinook salmon. It’ll also give families a place to enjoy and learn about the watershed.
Member of The Waterkeeper Alliance
Waterkeeper Alliance ensures that the world’s Waterkeeper groups are as connected to each other as they are to their local waters, organizing the fight for clean water into a coordinated global movement.
Member of California Coastkeeper Alliance
California Coastkeeper Alliance uses law, policy, science, and creative media to help Waterkeeper programs advance statewide policies and programs for healthy and clean waters.