Date(s) - 09/17/2016
8:30 am - 1:00 pm
Help get the trash out of your Russian River with us on September 17th! The mission of the Russian River Watershed Cleanup Committee is to coordinate cleanup and removal of trash in the Russian River and its tributaries between Ukiah and Jenner. We organize and coordinate teams of volunteers for an annual cleanup and promote stewardship of the Russian River watershed.
There are a number of locations from Monte Rio to Ukiah and signups are set up for the amount of trash at each location. If you find your local beach is already full that means another beach upstream might need more help. We encourage people to shift to a site that really needs help if your local beach is clean or your preferred location is booked as it all goes downstream and on to the ocean so no matter where you volunteer you are helping the entire watershed and ocean by getting the garbage out before it washes downstream in the winter rains. If you don’t see a beach you know needs help and would like to organize a group, send us a note and we’ll get you set up! We also need volunteers to help with registration and set-up in Healdsburg, Guerneville and Cloverdale.
Thank YOU for helping make our River healthy!
Visit russianrivercleanup.org for details.russianrivercleanup.org
- Register for the Cleanup on Saturday, September 17th and volunteer for a beach walking, wading or canoe route!
- Register to help with Set-up and Registration at Healdsburg, Johnson’s Beach or Cloverdale.
- Organize a Cleanup Team at your business, school, church or community group and take on a location!
- Help with trash pickup by bringing a pickup with lots of room to designated trash sites on the 17th. Contact us if you can help!
- Sponsor or Donate to the Russian River Watershed Cleanup